Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MLK = Snow day in Jackson

Ok so it wasn't actually on MLK day, but Saturday me and Jessica, her brother Joe, and my long lost friend Eric Forsyth (I lost him to graduation and a wife... my loss, his gain) went snowboarding down Teton Pass. For those that don't know, Teton pass is the mountain pass that connects the Idaho and Wyoming sides of the Tetons. There are 2 (actually thousands) of different trails you can take; Trail 1) is a really steep 45 min hike up a mountain then an amazing 10-15 ride down. Trail 2) is a shorter easier 15 min hike with a longer 30 min ride down (then you have to hitch hike back up to the top).
Anyways we did the steep hike and ride first.... it was amazing how amazing the powered was. Then we did Trail 2 which was fun but then I thought Eric was hurt and stuck and dying.... the truth was he was way ahead of me and was yelling " HELLO? Dave I'm NOT STUCK!" but all I heard was "HELP!! DAVE I"M STUCK!". So after not being able to find him I snowboarded down to the bottom where he was waiting for me. After that we grubbed on some amazing Bubba's BBQ in Jackson and I almost bought the DUKE (http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19384.jpg) and drove home. It was awesome, and all day long I was just reminded by how few girls would have done what we did, and how awesome Jessica is.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'd agree...kudos to Jessica..and hopefully she was the voice of sanity that kept you from buying the Duke!(Although it does remind me of your winsome personality!)

    ReplyDelete