Friday, April 9, 2010

Meet Me in DC

Last week we took a trip to DC and it was awesome, one of my favorite cities in the world. There are so many great things to see! We toured the capital building, the botanical gardens, visited several Smithsoanian museums (one in which we saw the hope diamond and a real giant squid!), and saw the memorials. One of my favorite parts about DC is everything is FREE, 100% free. We also happened to be visiting during the best (and most popular) time if year, the cherry blossom festival! It was gorgeous we were so lucky to see all the blossoms--they only last for about a week. Here are some highlights of the trip...
Penny at the hotel. We heard her crawling around, then we saw the curtain stirring, then out popped her little head. She was so tickled.This pic was funny beause she was crawling away from us, then turned aoround quickly, grabbed the map of DC, and crawled away again. Oh, babies.Penny is freakishly strong. Well on her way to aquiring the same nicknames I had in school, Hulk wasn't so bad, it was Butch I really hated...Amendment: Everything was free except Mount Vernon, which we paid to see but then didn't go inside because we hate lines without Disneyland rides at the end of them. Expecially lines that are over an hour long. Someday we'll see you Mount Vernon! But we did go all around the grounds and it was still worth it.







7 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun! more penny pictures!!!! i'm trying to work out what color her hair is??? and i love her signature flower bow i her hair. so cute! I can't remember who it was...i think it was carson? but we were staying in a hotel and for his bed we just put some blankets on the floor of the closet, put him in and shut the door. He loved dark rooms, and that was the only place we could think of to put him....i still felt bad for just shutting my baby in a closet....but it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish we could have met you there! tell dave to let us know more than a day in advance next time. (jk it's cool we roll the same way). glad you guys had fun. penny is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun trip, I am so jealous. I love D.C. too. wish we we were closer, love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of fun. DC is really great. And that is amazing how Penny can hold on to a fence like that. If it makes you feel better, I love how freakishly strong you are. I'm jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Looks like you guys had a fun trip. Speaking of trips... Sometime I want to come see you in Boston. I've never been there. Plus, it's an excuse for Evan to see you because of his man crush on Dave and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So last summer while I was camping some of my friends also gave me the nickname Butch, but since my nickname was given to me because I reminded them of Butch Cassidy it wasn't so bad. Actually I really liked it. Your baby looks beautiful and she will need that strength to keep all the boys away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun. Next time there's a long line, just go near the front and thank the people that are behind you profusely for holding your spot. Just keep going on about how nice that was and you appreciate people like them.. works every time. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete