Friday, April 23, 2010

Guilty...

So when Penny was about 4 months we broke her of the pacifier habit and started putting her to bed awake. She cried for about 5 minutes the first time and then that was it! She was great at going to sleep (even if still not falling asleep at that point). But then I started working and things unraveled and she started going to sleep with a bottle! So that's how its been and I've hated it but since she doesn't have her own room I've just kept saying that we'll re-sleep train her when we move, but as she's been waking up every morning at 2 or 3 and demanding to be fed and then again at 5 or 6 I've decided I HAVE to do something. But I thought maybe 11 months old it too old to ferberize again! Alas, Penny was in her crib screaming her head of for about 15 minutes, but as I've finished typing this she is quiet, let me see if she's asleep... ASLEEP! It's a miracle! Let's hope this works at three this morning. Help keep me on track...

5 comments:

  1. That's so funny! I've been going through the same thing with the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's never to late to ferberize. we keep having to re-ferber kody from time to time. they just get into bad habits, or get sick, or go on vacation, etc. it's a constant battle. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness those aren't my dogs. We just have one, the black one. She's a sweetie. And poor little Penny; I hope you can get her schedule worked out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the joys of motherhood and sleep training! Good luck with that process :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas, I have the smartest grandkids and kids and son-in-laws in the world!

    ReplyDelete