Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Canoein' the Charles

Last week we went a canoein' on the Charles River. It was so much fun and sooo pretty. The leaves were turning all different shades of fall and Penny was enjoying the ride. Dave did most of the rowing as I did the baby-holding, but on our way back Penny fell asleep so we both got to row and enjoy the crisp fall air. It was such a great day. Penny was looking so cute in her infant life vest. I didn't know they had such things.

Which brings me to another subject, and that is that I pretty much always assume no one is going to let you do anything with an infant. But they do! They even have special infant things! My plan was to hide in the car with Penny and then smuggle us on to the canoe after Dave had paid. Luckily, Dave's idea won out, which was to just all go in there normal-like and rent a canoe. They procured a special life jacket for Penny and although she hated it, I loved it.

Here are some gems from the day.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Both the scenery and the cute Penny! (And the mom and dad too...but I'm a Gma!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is so cute! It makes me feel good to see other people still going out and doing awesome stuff even when they have a baby! Gives me some motivation to get off my butt! She is so cute, they are getting so big so quickly I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um could the pictures get ANY CUTER? geesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop laughing about cute penny with her cute smile and chubby looking cheeks peeking out from the life vest! Love love love that cute pink hat, leaves look gorgeous (or grogeous if you are Syd and have a funny accent) and you guys look great too! Miss you and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) I can't get over how pretty it is there...it's making me miss cleveland falls....but just for a second. because i know what comes after cleveland falls.
    2.) penny is ADORABLE in her little life vest....my favorite pic is the one of you holding her up and her smiling. so stinking cute.
    3.) you still haven't told me why christmas might not be happening!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used to live riiiiiiight down the road from there!! i know that canoe place well :) hope you guys are loving beantown, it's just as awesome as i always said it was, isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. that looked like a lot of fun at just the right time of year. way to get out there. you guys are r-a-d (rad).
    And dave, congrats and finally wearing your boat shoes in an actual boat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wish I knew how to print pictures off your blog! Dave? Do you know how I can do this? The picture of Penny being held up by Jessica, w/ pink hat and life vest is so cute! And also the pic of her lying on the dock is so cute too. Grandma, finally is getting to see what Penny looks like, because WE DON"T HAVE ANY pictures of her, yet.
    But I'm so glad you're enjoying everything Boston, and surrounding areas, have to offer.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete