Monday, June 29, 2009
I couldn't put captions under each picture cause I'm blogtarded, but one of these is called the "blue steel". I'm sure you can figure it out.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
I found this on my friend Melanie's blog and thought it was fun. You're supposed to go through it and highlight everything you have done. I wasn't going to do it at first but then I realized I'd actually done quite a few things, so I decided to share. It's fun, you should do it.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band--The Zenith Byrds, you should remember this Sara, you and Allie gave me hell for my hit "Joker".
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity--I might be cheating on this one because it was mostly other peoples money that I raised to go to Africa...
7. Been to Disneyland--more times than I can count. By the way D-land lets you in for free on your b-day this year. I already signed Dave up cause his is on July 31.
8. Climbed a mountain--Half Dome!! It was amazing.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo-- Young Women in Action, 13 years old, first and last solo.
11. Bungee jumped-- Into, yes, into the Nile River.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch-- Guitar? Is that an art?
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked-- no but I've picked one up before, which might even be riskier.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Ran a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run-- No. But I got hit in the head by a home run.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-- When I was 10 it only took 75 cents. Enough to get a push-up-pop from the ice cream man.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke-- And risked lung cancer from second hand smoke at a dirty Idaho Falls bar to do it.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant-- I bought a homeless guy a sandwich at an Arby's once... does that count?
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain-- Thanks honey.
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie-- Many of my own self-produced hits. As well as an infomercial where I played basket ball behind one of the original Duke brothers from the Dukes of Hazard.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business-- Several. "Refrigerator Art"- When I was about 8 or so I sold crappy drawings door to door to old ladies and marketed them as "refrigerator art". Dang I was cute.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--American Girl Dolls.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job-- Kind of. Sister Holt I did quit first, that's what it's called when you stop coming to work, so the e-mail was unnecessary.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle-- Dave just bought one.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life-- Oh I'm sure I have, haven't we all?
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous--Please. Mya, Rascall Flatts, Jo Dee Messina, David Hasslehoff, and I spoke on the phone to Jewel (not a lie).
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby-- YEAH!! Penelope.
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit-- Well it was really my dog, Charlie's, fault. He dragged me into the whole painful litigation process, for which my parents are still paying.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Friday, June 12, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Before we left Rexburg our friend Scott Wheeler (www.scottwheelerphoto.com) took family pictures for us. He also took some of just Penny and they turned out grreat! (And by "they" I mean "it" because this is the only one I've seen so far). She is just as angelic as she looks in this picture. She's very reasonable and an efficient cryer, only doing so when she needs something and stopping as soon as she gets it. We love her and so far she thinks we're alright too.