Sunday, June 14, 2009

Things I've done ("I" being Jessica)

I found this on my friend Melanie's blog and thought it was fun. You're supposed to go through it and highlight everything you have done. I wasn't going to do it at first but then I realized I'd actually done quite a few things, so I decided to share. It's fun, you should do it.

1. Started your own blog

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band--The Zenith Byrds, you should remember this Sara, you and Allie gave me hell for my hit "Joker".

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity--I might be cheating on this one because it was mostly other peoples money that I raised to go to Africa...

7. Been to Disneyland--more times than I can count. By the way D-land lets you in for free on your b-day this year. I already signed Dave up cause his is on July 31.

8. Climbed a mountain--Half Dome!! It was amazing.

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo-- Young Women in Action, 13 years old, first and last solo.

11. Bungee jumped-- Into, yes, into the Nile River.

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch-- Guitar? Is that an art?

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked-- no but I've picked one up before, which might even be riskier.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping

27. Ran a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset

31. Hit a home run-- No. But I got hit in the head by a home run.

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-- When I was 10 it only took 75 cents. Enough to get a push-up-pop from the ice cream man.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke-- And risked lung cancer from second hand smoke at a dirty Idaho Falls bar to do it.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant-- I bought a homeless guy a sandwich at an Arby's once... does that count?

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain-- Thanks honey.

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie-- Many of my own self-produced hits. As well as an infomercial where I played basket ball behind one of the original Duke brothers from the Dukes of Hazard.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business-- Several. "Refrigerator Art"- When I was about 8 or so I sold crappy drawings door to door to old ladies and marketed them as "refrigerator art". Dang I was cute.

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--American Girl Dolls.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job-- Kind of. Sister Holt I did quit first, that's what it's called when you stop coming to work, so the e-mail was unnecessary.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle-- Dave just bought one.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life-- Oh I'm sure I have, haven't we all?

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous--Please. Mya, Rascall Flatts, Jo Dee Messina, David Hasslehoff, and I spoke on the phone to Jewel (not a lie).

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby-- YEAH!! Penelope.

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit-- Well it was really my dog, Charlie's, fault. He dragged me into the whole painful litigation process, for which my parents are still paying.

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love the Sis Holt comment. She is a wretched woman. You are not wretched, however. You are beautiful and wonderful and you have a sweet baby. Dave's nice too :)

    ReplyDelete