Thursday, September 17, 2009

What We've Been Up To...

In brief we moved three thousand miles across the country to the great state of Massachusetts, Dave by land, me by air. Dave started his Masters program in International Econ and Finance at Brandeis University and has been busy busy.

But we've had some fun too.
We visited the great American, Paul Revere's, grave.

And his house.
And his statue.

We visited Henry David Thoreau's shanty.

And let him hold our baby.We swam in Walden Pond. Beautiful and so warm!

We saw a free symphony at the Shell, an outdoor performance venue in Boston!

And won a ward pie baking contest! Well we didn't win. Ok, so we didn't even place, but we did enter and that makes us winners in my eyes! It was a "Sugar Cookie Apple Pie". We didn't have enough pie crust to cover the top so we made sugar cookie dough and covered it with that. I thought it was bomb and ate three pieces.

We're trying to get our apartment together and once we do I'll post some pics!

5 comments:

  1. Jessica, I can't get over how beautiful you are. And just had a baby! Holy cow..You can't even tell. Your little family is so adorable. It makes my heart melt.

    I am happy you guys are enjoying Boston. We miss you! You always have a home in Washington!

    Love, Jaqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica. hooray it made my day to hear from you, kinda. That is one cute picture of you and Penny. I love your pie and I think you are a winner!!! I am glad you are there and getting moved in and please post a picture of Penny and the apt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you soaking up all that American history stuff! The pie looks yummy and the Penny is adorable as usual....did you get moved in to your apt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie looks delicious. I can't believe you didn't win. I love the picture of the statue holding your baby.

    ReplyDelete