Monday, September 21, 2009

If it isn't fresh, it isn't LEGAL.

I got a job as a server at Legal Sea Foods, which is basically the premier sea food place on the east coast, if not the country. If you don't believe me, Bon Appétit magazine touts a meal at Legal Sea Foods as among America’s “Top Ten Tried-and-True” dining experiences. Legal is also included in Patricia Schultz’s popular guidebook, "1,000 Places to See Before You Die." So I was really excited to get hired.
And today was my first day.
So I get out on the floor, all ready to show off my service skills. I get the drink order for my first table of the day, a sweet, gentle elderly couple out for an early lunch. Two iced-teas. Simple. And, as if my life were part of some ridiculously cliche comedy, I served the lady her tea and spilled the gentleman's on his lap. A full glass of iced tea. Luckily the old man was as sweet and gentle as he looked, jesting that it must have been the drink ghost who pushed me. Bless his sweet, sweet heart and may it have many more beats.
The rest of the day went smoothly and I really am looking forward to the job. I will work night shifts so Dave can watch Penny after class. We'll seehow it all pans out...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Aren't you glad you have a blog where you can save this memory (the iced tea spilling) forever! That is so amazingly funny! (Probably funnier to hear about than to do...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sucks hahaha but what a nice old man! so many worse reactions could have occured, so the lord blessed you with a sweetie pie :) best of luck, you've got a rockin personality for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! 2 things: 1.) we really miss swimming with aunt jessica and 2.) has anyone pointed out that we have a cousin with the exact same name (first and last) as aunt jessica? living in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhahahaa. i'm not a stron speler. i am goink to go ficks my mistaek

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Legal when I was in Boston doing thesis research. It was amazing! My friend had the lobster and I had crab. That was one heck of a good meal.

    ReplyDelete