Friday, June 3, 2011

Bikes, Buddies and Sore Bums

Dave got me this sweet cruiser for Mother's Day and I have been getting lots of use out of it. Yesterday we got overly ambitious and decided to ride from a park in Brighton all the way down to Boston Common to meet Dave for lunch. Well, I was going to try to impress my 2 readers with the exact mileage of the ride but I just checked on google maps and it turns out we weren't that ambitious after all. It was only about an 11 mile round trip (I was guessing 40...). But hey! It was tough! Today we went to playgroup at a park near our house and had some fun with the iphone.

Penny and cute curly-haired Evelyn played on the slide. And I got to spend some time with my sweet friend Sara, who is sadly moving to Conneticut :(
Diane and Sophie ("Fifi" as Penny calls her). She and her husband Mike are good friends of ours and Diane is my lifesaver! She is always there to help me out.

3 comments:

  1. Google Maps doesn't tell you that 11 miles + a baby - gears does equal 40. And I remain impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 miles, huh? sweet. I am jealous of your bike. It looks awesome. And penny is such a little cutie. Oh, and I will be back for the Vanderbilt mansion tour, so be prepared! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for friends! We miss you guys already.
    LOVE the bike - it's pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete