Thursday, July 10, 2008

Attack of the The Inflatable Cat

So last semester I took 3-Dimensional art so I'd have enough credits to get my Pell grant... Anyways, for one of the projects we had to make an inflatable sculpture, so I made a giant cat in honor of the Nieman family cat, Midnight, that died when I was 6. So after I got a grade for it, we took it to Logan for Kaity, Christian, Alec, Sadie, and Lindi to play with. It was a good time. Once we were tired of it, we taped up the door in the back, so no air could come out and blew it up until it was bursting at the seams (probably twice as tall as it is in the video), then Jessica body slammed it and it popped. Jessica 1, inflatable cat 0. RIP.


4 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see the explosion! That's a big cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dave that's so awesome, i never thought a random person could just up and make a sweet inflatable sculpture. but i guess dave nieman is no random person! if i was you i would have rented it out to various used car dealerships so it could pay for itself (shoot, call your company "the inflatable sculpture guys"). then inflate it, climb inside, have friends seal it, then roll it into a pool. as we know there's nothing funner than plastic bags and pools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, Scotty, that's exactly what I was thinking. I wanted to be the first to suggest throwing it into the pool. Dave, that is awesome. I wish I saw it explode too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dave, this is similarly awesome, and maybe awesomer than your cat but i mean no disrespect: Look.

    ReplyDelete